With the Z1 low-power wireless module, Zolertia launches the ﬁrst public release of its WSN mote, its ﬂagship product. The Z1 module is a general purpose development platform for wireless sensor networks (WSN) designed for researchers, developers, enthusiasts and hobbyists.
It is a platform compatible with the successful Tmote™-family motes with several enhancements that offers roughly a 2x performance in several aspects. Equipped with two on board digital sensors (accelerometer and temperature), it comes with everything a developer needs to start building smart networks from scratch.
You can connect your applications directly to the Internet of Things (IoT) with IPv6. The Z1 module was devised keeping in mind:
• Backwards compatibility with motes based on MSP430+CC2420 as well as support for some of the most currently employed open source O.S.’s/stacks by the WSN community, like TinyOS 2.1 (current) or Contiki (soon).
• Maximum ﬂexibility and expandability while improving low power consumption with most versatile and low power sensors and uC.
• 16-bit Ultra-Low-Power MCU (MSP430F2617) || 92KB ﬂash, 8KB RAM
• Widely adopted 2.4 GHz RF Transceiver (CC2420) || IEEE 802.15.4 & 6LowPAN ready
• 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer || Conﬁgurable to ±2/4/8/16 g, events interrupts
• Low Power Digital Temp. Sensor || ±0.5°C accuracy
• Serial Flash Memory for Storage || 16Mbit, 100k cycles
• Multiple Power Options || USB powered, 2xAA/AAA, coin cell
• 54-pin Expansion Connector || ADCs, DACs, SPI, I2C, UARTs, interrupts, USB
• 2 Antenna Options || Embedded ceramic or U.FL external adapter
• Expandable with up to 4 Phidgets™ || 2x3V + 2x5V Phidgets™
• Immersing your device in the IoT
• Personal healthcare monitoring
• Environmental monitoring
• Emergency detectors
• Safe and rescue devices
• Long-term unattended monitoring
• Power consumption monitoring
• Agricultural monitoring
• Plus any other you can think of…
General info about the Z1: www.zolertia.com
Buying Z1’s: shop.zolertia.com
Community & Documentation: zolertia.sourceforge.net