For anyone looking for a postdoc position:
Three-year postdoc position in pervasive computing (CSIRO, Australia)
We are seeking a talented and dedicated recent PhD graduate to be part of the rapidly growing research program being undertaken by the CSIRO ICT Centre in Pervasive Computing.
1. A strong background in context/situation modelling, pattern recognition and/or machine learning.
2. Analytical skills and ability to solve complex conceptual problems through the application of scientific and engineering principles.
3. Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to publish the results of scientific research in leading scientific journals and present research at international conferences.
4. Demonstrated ability to program in C or C++, experience with MATLAB (or similar) for data analysis.
5. Ability to foster positive working relationships and contribute effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team as well as sound judgment and the ability to act independently.
1. Demonstrated experience in pervasive healthcare applications and/or with application development on smart phones.
2. Demonstrated experience with multimedia signal processing or data mining in spatio-temporal data sets.
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Salary: AU$78K – $85K per annum plus up to 15.4% Superannuation (Pension Fund), ref: Q12/03217. Exchange rate: 1 AU$ = ~1.05 US$ (17/10/2012)
More information on this position is available here