Design and deploy your own IoT solutions in the beautiful environment of Palic Lake, run experiments on the SmartSantander framework and learn how to use WSN in environments like Donana natural reserve! Learn about the latest achievements in the field of IoT from the experts coming from the EU FP7 projects SmartSantander, Planet, IoT6 and SocIoTal! Join us, have fun, meet peers and experienced researchers, expand your network of contacts.
The senZations summer school has become an annual event on the agenda of young researchers in Europe. Covering a range of novel topics from wireless sensor networks to M2M to Internet of Things and their applications with support of excellent lecturers and senior researchers from academy and industry, the senZations have attracted more than 350 students during the past seven events.
The aim of the summer school is to:
* Provide access to the latest results, trends, activities and applications in the IoT domain
* Run experiments on the SmartSantander facility or build your own live testbed deployment at Palic
* Identify novel research opportunities, important challenges and research directions
* Demonstrate existing prototypes and demos – and implement new ones!
* Interact with experienced researchers and establish new contacts
* Have fun and enjoy the beauty of the Serbian mountains while acquiring new skills and expertise
The summer school will last for 5 days and will feature a number of different activities:
Lectures: Each day will feature lectures with subsequent discussions around important IoT and WSN research themes and technology areas:
* IoT architecture: an overview of the proposals and approaches towards defining an overall architectural framework for IoT
* SmartSantander – how to run experiments on a large-scale IoT testbed or build your own testbed instance
* Semantic sensor networks and Linked Open Data
* Deployment, operation and maintenance of large-scale/complex systems of heterogeneous networked cooperating objects, including wireless sensor and actuator networks and mobile objects
* Smart cities and intelligent buildings
* Social impacts of IoT, role and potential of IPv6 in IoT
* Latest standards developments in IETF and ETSI, FI-PPP and IERC.