Design and deploy your own IoT solutions in the beautiful environment of Palic Lake, run experiments on the SmartSantander framework and learn how to use WSN in environments like Donana natural reserve! Learn about the latest achievements in the field of IoT from the experts coming from the EU FP7 projects SmartSantander, Planet, IoT6 and SocIoTal! Join us, have fun, meet peers and experienced researchers, expand your network of contacts.
The senZations summer school has become an annual event on the agenda of young researchers in Europe. Covering a range of novel topics from wireless sensor networks to M2M to Internet of Things and their applications with support of excellent lecturers and senior researchers from academy and industry, the senZations have attracted more than 350 students during the past seven events.
The aim of the summer school is to:
* Provide access to the latest results, trends, activities and applications in the IoT domain
* Run experiments on the SmartSantander facility or build your own live testbed deployment at Palic
* Identify novel research opportunities, important challenges and research directions
* Demonstrate existing prototypes and demos – and implement new ones!
* Interact with experienced researchers and establish new contacts
* Have fun and enjoy the beauty of the Serbian mountains while acquiring new skills and expertise
The summer school will last for 5 days and will feature a number of different activities:
Lectures: Each day will feature lectures with subsequent discussions around important IoT and WSN research themes and technology areas:
* IoT architecture: an overview of the proposals and approaches towards defining an overall architectural framework for IoT
* SmartSantander – how to run experiments on a large-scale IoT testbed or build your own testbed instance
* Semantic sensor networks and Linked Open Data
* Deployment, operation and maintenance of large-scale/complex systems of heterogeneous networked cooperating objects, including wireless sensor and actuator networks and mobile objects
* Smart cities and intelligent buildings
* Social impacts of IoT, role and potential of IPv6 in IoT
* Latest standards developments in IETF and ETSI, FI-PPP and IERC.
Lecturers include (to be confirmed): Zach Shelby (Sensinode), Alex Gluhak (Uni of Surrey), Konrad Wrona (NCI Agency), Rob van Kronenburg (IoT Council), Payam Barnaghi (Uni of Surrey), Stefan fischer (Uni of Luebeck), Michele Nati (Uni of Surrey), Pedro Maron (Uni of Duisburg-Essen), Gianluca Dini (Uni of Pisa), Jose Ramiro Martinez de Dios (Uni of Seville), Sebastien Ziegler (Mandate International), Srdjan Krco (Ericsson).
Hands-on project: Work in a team in order to design and deploy run experiments on the SmartSantander framework or even run your own real IoT solutions around the Palic lake.
Participants Workshop: All participants will have an opportunity to exercise their presentation skills and to get constructive feedback while presenting their own work and/or the results of the team projects.
Social activities: A half-day excursion, a dinner party as well as other interesting social activities will be also organized.
The summer school will take place in Palic, Serbia – a beautiful lake in the north of Serbia.
REGISTRATION, COSTS and TRAVELING
Participation is open to all qualified applicants, but the number of participants is limited to a maximum of 40. Please register early. To apply, please fill in the form available athttp://www.senzations.net.
The registration fee of EUR365 (415EUR for registrations made after June 28, 2013) includes participation at all school activities, school material, 6 days shared accommodation in 2-persons rooms with full board, a social event and access to all hotel (4*) facilities.
Transport will be organized by bus from Belgrade. The return ticket costs 25EUR. Please inform us if you wish to use this option. In case you want to travel on your own, but need some help and tips, do not hesitate to contact us.
8th Summer School on Applications of IoT and Wireless Sensor Networks
September 2 – September 6, 2013, Palic lake, Serbia
Early registration deadline: June 20, 2013
For registrations after June 20, 2013, the participation fee is 415EUR – so be fast, book your place now!
Srdjan Krco, Ericsson
Konrad Wrona, NCI Agency
Alexander Gluhak, University of Surrey
DK Arvind, University of Edinburgh