The healthcare sector is under change, and the sector of distributed healthcare/home healthcare is increasing, enabled by new technology. Elderly will keep on living in their homes, but with a need of aids. One of the ultimate goals is the self-serve, independence and dignity enhancement of seniors through innovative ICT-based solutions.
Embedded Sensor Systems for Health (ESS-H), is aiming to provide monitoring of patients in their home environment by wearable, wireless sensor systems. These sensor systems enable monitoring with minor instruction, and allow the monitored person to continue with normal life activities.
The 1st Workshop on Embedded Sensor Systems for Health and Internet of Things (ESS-H IoT) workshop aims at using embedded sensor systems in health monitoring applications, considering the future vision of Internet of Things. It covers a variety of research directions, including sensor hardware development, wireless communication and signal processing.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Wearable sensor systems
- Medical and sensor data stream processing
- Signal processing and analysis
- Machine learning for signal processing
- Cloud Technologies for Healthcare
- Intelligent data processing and predictive algorithms in eHealth
- Telemedicine applications
- Network communications for health monitoring
- Security, Safety and Privacy in IoT
- Mobile sensing and smartphone sensing
- Wireless sensor and actuator networks
- Sensor network operating systems and resource management
More information available here.